A small disclaimer: I did this by myself, without a beta, and I'm not infallible, so if you disagree with any of my answers, please let me know in the comments! Thank you!
Smallville 5 Challenge #6 - ANSWERS
Part 1: Memorable Quotes
1) "You know, there's nothing more valuable than the savvy political advice of a muffin-peddling college dropout."
Lex to Lois, in Episode 5.08 - Solitude.
2) "They're dead, Lana. You have this great life, and you can't even see it. You have no right to be unhappy. They're not coming back, Lana. Deal with it."
Tina!Whitney to Lana, in Episode 1.04 - X-Ray.
3) "Clark, your destiny lies far beyond those cornfields out there."
Jonathan to Clark, in Episode 4.21 - Forever.
4) "You are on the edge of a dangerous precipice. You could easily tumble down into someplace very dark. And very hard to escape."
Lionel to Lana, in Episode 7.05 - Action.
5) "Clark has more issues than Rolling Stone."
Chloe to Lana, in Episode 3.02 - Phoenix.
Part II: Screen Caps
1) Episode 4.02 - Gone
2) Episode 4.01 - Crusade
3) Episode 5.16 - Hypnotic
4) Episode 1.09 - Rogue
5) Episode 2.11 - Visage
1) Episode 4.11 - Unsafe
2) Episode 4.01 - Crusade
3) Episode 6.13 - Crimson
4) Episode 1.01 - Pilot
5) Episode 4.06 - Transference
1) Episode 2.07 - Lineage
2) Episode 5.16 - Hypnotic
3) Episode 5.03 - Hidden
4) Episode 4.06 - Spell
5) Episode 3.01 - Exile
Screen caps courtesy of acampbell, with my thanks!
Part III: Songs
1) Boulevard of Broken Dreams - Green Day
Episode 4.07 - Jinx: This song plays as Clark prepares in the locker room for the big game, deliberately donning his football gear and uniform.
2) Girls and Boys - Good Charlotte
Episode 3.01 - Exile: This song plays at the top of the episode as Kal struts his stuff on the streets of Metropolis, and then robs a bank of ATM machines to buy a hot car.
3) The Other Side - David Gray
Episode 2.18 - Visitor: This song plays at the end of the episode as Clark and Lana talk in the loft about what it would be like to know someone who came from another planet.
4) Wherever You Will Go - The Calling
Episode 1.02 - Metamorphosis: This song plays at the end of the episode as Clark surreptitiously returns Lana's necklace to her, hanging it on her front doorknob and then watching from the shelter of some nearby trees to see her look of joy as she discovers it.
5) Walking In Memphis - Lonestar
Episode 3.05 - Perry: This song plays at the end of the episode as Clark says goodbye to Perry White and puts him on a bus out of Smallville.
Part IV: Trivia
1) In what episode do we see the Daily Planet for the first time?
Episode 2.12 - Insurgence.
2) What was the name of the sorority Lana joined at Met U?
The Tri Psi Sorority.
3) Where does Clark's adopted maternal grandfather, William Clark, live?
In Coast City.
4) What is the significance of Riley Field in Smallville lore?
Riley Field is where the Smallville High football team makes a symbolic Scarecrow out of some unfortunate freshman each year for Homecoming. It is also the place where Lex was caught during the meteor shower, sustaining injuries that included the permanent loss of his hair.
5) Over the years Smallville has had its share of stunt casting. Can you name the six guest stars, and one series regular, who starred in other Superman-themed projects before coming to Smallville? For extra credit, name the character each played on Smallville, and the character they previously played in the Superman universe.
a) Annette O'Toole (Martha Kent) played Lana Lang in Superman III.
b) Christopher Reeve (Virgil Swann) played Superman in all four Superman movies.
c) Terence Stamp (the voice of Jor-El) played Zod in Superman I & II.
d) Margot Kidder (Bridgette Crosby) played Lois Lane in all four Superman movies.
e) Dean Cain (Curtis Knox) played Clark Kent on Lois and Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.
f) Helen Slater (Lara) played Kara in Supergirl: The Movie.
g) Marc McClure (Dax-Ur) played Jimmy Olsen in all four Superman movies.
Thanks for joining me this week! I hope you had fun! Feel free to share your thoughts, reactions, and any other feedback in the comments. I'm heading out of town as I post this, and I'm not sure when I'll be back, so no challenge next week. I have every intention of being back to review the new episode on March 13th, though, so I hope to see you then! Take care, everyone. If you're lucky enough to still have your dad in your life, go give him a hug, or call him on the phone and tell him you love him, okay?