Yesterday I was also friended by eight new people, which is some kind of record for me. As of about 30 minutes ago, four of them had defriended me, and more may follow. The record time between friending and defriending was 16 minutes. I understand why, they evidently assumed I was a Chlark shipper, and after reading a bit more of my journal, found out I wasn't and bailed. Or maybe it was because I don't hate Lois. IDK. I don't make and break friendships based on Smallville ships (bros before shows!), but I guess I'm the exception to the rule. *rolls eyes* Is it too much to ask, if you're so sensitive, that you actually spend a few minutes reading a person's journal before jumping into a friending you're likely to retract? Because while I'm hardly heartbroken at losing these newfound "friends," it's no fun to receive the message of, "Yay! You're cool! Let's be friends! No, wait. Never mind. You suck!"
So in the interest of heading off any more ill advised friendings, I think it's time to revisit where I stand on all things Smallville. Just so you know.
1) First and foremost, I'm a Tom fan. I love the guy beyond all reason. Duh.
2) I like Clark best. He's my boy.
3) I'll never give up on Lex.
4) I pretty much worship Michael, and I miss him terribly.
5) I love Chloe. I love the Chlark friendship. I don't ship it.
6) I don't ship anyone with Clark. Meaning, my enjoyment of the show doesn't hinge on seeing Clark in a romantic relationship. I'm much more interested in seeing his journey to become Supes, and him discovering the hero within himself.
7) I like Lois. More and more with each episode.
8) There is not a single actor on this show that I don't like, appreciate, and respect.
9) I love the Clois humor: the banter, the flirting, the snark.
10) I adore Oliver, Jimmy, and Tess. Davis/Doomsday? Not so much.
11) I hate the Chimmy, but not with the burning intensity I used to. I guess they're wearing me down.
12) Phil Morris is the bomb, as is Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'onzz/John Jones.
13) I don't hate Lana, but I'm glad she's gone.
14) I still say Lionel was bad to the end, magnificently so.
15) I miss Martha and Jonathan.
So there you have it. I don't claim that it's riveting information, but obviously it matters to some people. If, after reading my list, you can't remember why we ever became friends, or you find you've lost respect for me, or you're making fun of me in your head right now, please do us both a favor and defriend me now. We'll both be better off. And to anyone who got this far, thanks for listening. I love you guys.